Conference Theme: Integrated Circuits toward Smarter Society
Integrated circuits improved the quality of human life in evolutionary and revolutionary ways by providing smart devices with internet access and electronic equipment with huge computing power. One of the emerging trends of integrated circuits is to apply the technology toward the smarter society, which drastically improves the quality of life of people with the aid of mass-producible electronic devices equipped with high performance & low power integrated circuits. Sensors, RF and analog circuits, data converters, and digital signal processing circuits will be required to implement the smart mobile devices which enable high-quality human life. State-of-the-art R&D results will be presented in the conference.
Report on A-SSCC 2012
A-SSCC 2012 attracted the total number of attendees of 370 from 20 regions including 119 speakers.
<A-SSCC 2012 Participant Statistics>
Conference Name: A-SSSCC 2012
Date: November 12-14, 2012
Place: Kobe International Conference Center
Registrants for tutorial sessions: 97
The total number of participants in four tutorial sessions: 224
The total number of speakers: 119, including
1) Plenary Talk 4
2) Tutorial Session 4
3) Panel Discussion 16
4) Technical Sessions 95
Result of Student Design Contest
SDC members agree to select the following three papers as "Best Design Award" of A-SSCC 2012 Student Design Contest.
- A 40nm CMOS Full Asynchronous Nano-Watt SAR ADC with 98% Leakage Power Reduction by Boosted Self Power Gating
Ryota Sekimoto, Keio University, Japan
- Ultrasonic Imaging Front-End Design for CMUT: a 3-Level 30Vpp Pulse-Shaping Pulser with Improved Efficiency and a Noise-Optimized Receiver
Kailiang Chen, MIT, U.S.
- Performance and Side-Channel Attack Analysis of a Self Synchronous Montgomery Multiplier Processing Element for RSA in 40nm CMOS
Benjamin Devlin, The University of Tokyo, Japan
See you again at A-SSCC 2013 which will be held in Sentosa, Singapore, on November 11-13, 2013.
- TPC meeting on November 12 is changed to 7pm at Room 401+402.
- A-SSCC 2012 in the News! A-SSCC 2012's panel discussion focusing on the future normally-off computing is in the news of "Tech-On!" of Nikkei Business Publications. (Article in Japanese only)
- A-SSCC 2012 in the News! A-SSCC 2012 is in the news of "Transistor Technology" managinze of CQ Publishing. (Article in Japanese only)
- Special offer to A-SSCC participants for International Symposium on Advanced RF IC Design (November 15 in Tokyo)
- The topics and speaker for tutorial session 3 was changed to "High Performance Non-Volatile Memory Design in Nano-Scale Era" by Sungdae Choi, SK hynix (9/24 updated)
- The early bird registration is extended until September 30, 2012.Take advantage of the reduced conference fee.Sign up now and get an even more value enhanced experience. (9/18 updated)
- Advanced Program is available. (9/14 updated)
- The notification of paper selection result has been sent to all authors. In case that the author has not received the notification, please forward the request to email@example.com (7/31 updated)
- A-SSCC2012 collaborates with Embedded Technology 2012 and EDS Fair 2012 (November 14-16, Pacifico Yokohama) (7/26 updated)
- A-SSCC Student Travel Grant Award will provide stipents of up to US$500.
Apply for the award by August 8, 2012. (7/6updated)
- September 30, 2012 Early Bird Registration due.
- November 11, 2012 Speaker's rehearsal date
- November 12-14, 2012 A-SSCC 2012
Collaboration with related conferences
Free invitation tickets are provided to the attendees of the A-SSCC 2012 from the following two conferences which will be held in the same week of A-SSCC 2012 in Japan.
(The invitation tickets are provided at the A-SSCC 2012 registration desk. You can enter the ET2012/EDS Fair for free with this ticket. However, even with this ticket, you are required to register on-site or through the website. Pre-registration through the website is highly recommended to avoid a rush at the entrance.)
- Embedded Technology 2012 (November 14-16, Pacifico Yokohama)
Japan's high-level technical trade show combined with superior conference programs for embedded system designers and managers and World's largest trade show focused on embedded system design.
- EDS Fair 2012 (November 14-16, Pacifico Yokohama)
An exhibition that showcases the latest design solutions, designing technology, EDA technology and IP solutions that use it, and designing services.
- International Symposium on Advanced RF IC Design is scheduled on November 15, 2012 in Tokyo
The international symposium, leading experts in VLSI designs will cover the state-of-the art technologies and future outlooks of RF IC designs including a 66GHz communication, a 77GHz radar, a body area network (BAN), a RFID tag, MIMO, a RF filter, and a time-domain signal processing.
Do not miss the chance the opportunity to participate in the symposium as well after A-SSCC.
Participants from academy and public research institute, including overseas', are waved the conference fee of 20,000 yen.